Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Night Music 6 29 10



I was listening to Devo when I was a kid. Freedom of Choice was one of my first LPs, and people thought I was a total weirdo. My stepfather gave me guff one time because he was amazed I'd listen to people who were five dentists from Ohio who'd given up the trade for music. Why not listen to good musicians? he asked.

Of course, that story was not true. It was just another rumor that was spread around as part of the overwhelming mass of truths, half-truths, and outright lies that made up the band and their multimedia presentation. You either got it or you didn't, but even those who didn't get it spread it around. It was SuBvErSiOn, dammit.

But... did you ever think you'd live to see the day Devo was on NPR? Well, spudboys and spudgirls, that day has come. There's a really good interview with Mark Mothersbaugh up, online, where they showcase everything he's done that you didn't know about, and discuss Dr. Moreau, Kent State, and whether it's de-vo or De'VO.

You can also listen to "What We Do" and "Fresh" off the new album, which I highly recommend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home