Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Coulter: Nice to see she's keeping count...

COULTER: And -- I mean, this is the same thing we go through every six months. I say something, the same people become hysterical, and that's the end of it.

I mean, I think the lesson young right-wingers ought to draw from this is it's really not that scary to attack liberals. This is about my 17th allegedly career-ending moment.


COLMES: But Ann -- well --

COULTER: And by the way, also, again, the left has precisely proved the point of the joke, which was to make fun of that actor going into rehab for using a word. This is like the Soviet Union where if you disagree --

COLMES: It would be better if it were a funnier joke, but --

COULTER: -- with the government, you go into -- you go into --

COLMES: But Ann, you're ignoring my question --

COULTER: -- you know, a mental institution.


I sort of agree. I think the actor in question should have just been fired from the show. Being strong-armed into 'rehab' to allay suspicions of homophobia is no more effective than being sent to 'rehab' to allay suspicions of being homosexual. Be who and what you are and let the chips fall where they may, IMHO.

That said, she's equivocating very, very badly, here. Fact is she called John Edwards a faggot, and a good number of 7000 people(?) at CPAC thought it was funny enough that the laughs and applause outweighed whatever boos and coughs you hear on the tape.

I think this lady hit the nail on the head (H/T to C&L)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home