Monday, March 05, 2007

And then it all changed... (Duncan Hunter)

Well, teach me to turn my eyes away from a developing story and then go on a road trip.

Did you read my article on Duncan Hunter's Muslim-Hating advisor, Henry Jordan?

It seems that Rep. Hunter did the right thing and let Henry Jordan go on the 26th. The story got picked up on the 1st. My article posted on the 2nd and I've been gone since. Whoops!

(Another whoops has to be pointed out - turns out that Henry Jordan was not a national adviser - just one in S.C. The article is rather oblique about this: "Hunter also named former state Rep. Tom Marchant and Dr. Henry Jordan campaign co-chairmen." Why couldn't they have put 'state' in there? !$#@^@%!!!!

Anyway, This article concerning the fallout is priceless.

Eargle, the Horry County auditor, knows she’ll be taking the lashes for a long time just by looking at the fate of the other person dropped by the Duncan Hunter campaign — Henry Jordan, whose words have stuck with him for a decade.

“I guess, darling, just to put it in a nutshell, that’s politics,” she said.

...

Eargle went on to rip Hunter, a California Republican, dismissing him as a viable candidate.

“He’s not even going to win South Carolina,” the former supporter said. “He lied to me. ... A politician is fake. There’s a difference between a politician and a statesman. He is no statesman — he’s a politician.”

Jordan blamed his woes on the media, which he said paid more attention to things conservatives said than liberals.

“Let me tell you how I feel,” he said. “The daggum news media’s got nothing to write about. I made a joke about Muslims and the daggum news media won’t forget it. They keep bringing it up and bringing it up.”

Jordan said Hunter had told him some bloggers in California had already begun bringing up his infamous remarks. “He said he thought it might be an issue,” Jordan said. “The last thing we want to do is hurt his campaign.”


How interesting, then, that a Duncan Hunter supporter showed up to my humble article... : D

Anyway, that's showbiz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home