Saturday, February 25, 2006

Some Threats Are Bigger Than Others - Some Threats Have Bigger Mothers



Apparently the FBI and British “intelligence” quizzed Morrissey after speaking out against both governments. It’s not uncommon for the Moz-father to speak out against government, so what is the deal?

According to Contact Music, Morrissey explains, "The FBI and the Special Branch have investigated me and I've been interviewed and taped and so forth. They were trying to determine if I was a threat to the government, and similarly in England. But it didn't take them very long to realize that I'm not. I don't belong to any political groups, I don't really say anything unless I'm asked directly and I don't even demonstrate in public. I always assume that so-called authoritarian figures just assume that pop/rock music is slightly insane and an untouchable platform for the working classes to stand up and say something noticeable. My view is that neither England or America are democratic societies. You can't really speak your mind and if you do you're investigated."


(Courtesy of State of the Day)

"And now I know how Joan of Arc felt... now I know how Joan of Arc feeeeeeeeeee-e-e-lt."

Update:

Jadasc adds:

1. Well, he is sort of a dangerous character. Did his girlfriend ever come out of that coma?

2. After news of the interrogation was released, panics were reported in London and Birmingham. At least one discoteque was burned down; reports of hanged DJs are as yet unconfirmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home