Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Night Music 1 19 10



Devo was one of my early favorite bands, back in the day. One of the first LPs i got was their seminal Freedom of Choice, which was on constant rotation on my turntable along with Gary Numan's Pleasure Principle and Rush's Moving Pictures. And I stuck with the spudboys pretty much all the way through their career, though I liked some bits more than other.

So you can imagine how psyched I was when I heard that the band was back together. Their page on Wikipedia isn't very clear what the hell's going on with the new album, but this track off it - "Don't shoot, I'm a man" - is nothing less than stellar. The chorus of "don't taze me bro" is priceless.

Consider my power dome poised for another takeoff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home