Thursday, November 12, 2009

A letter to an old friend

I had cause to write a pointed letter to a friend whom I used to write for, over at the American Partisan, over what he said about what happened at Fort Hood. His comments were here and here.

You can read my response here, as he was gracious enough to print it.

I'd like to stress that I respect Timothy Rollins very highly. He gave me a start in the op-ed biz, long ago, and though our roads have diverged I still think the world of him for his generosity and enthusiasm. I just think he's wrong about this issue, and needed to hear it from me.

I'd also like to point out that he is -- in a world where those who run blogs and op-ed sites are often loath to publish something that disagrees strongly with them, or have to run it along with smarmy and belittling comments -- a prince amongst men.

I don't know if I'll agree with his follow-up, which he has promised, any more than I agreed with the other two. But at least I have given him something to think about, and he has, most graciously, agreed to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home