Saturday, November 07, 2009

"Earther" Update - Stranger is Fictional Reality



Yes, this a little bit of old news, but I was, this very day, struck once more by how reality is stranger than fiction.

Remember how I reported, not that long ago, that "Earthers" were out there, insisting that Obama was not a native of this planet?

However, a new group of theorists claim that the President wasn't just born outside of America, but outside of Earth's orbit. The "Earthers," as they are known, say they have tentative proof that Barack Obama is an alien from outer space, sent to destroy the country from within for sinister but unguessable purposes.

However, that's just about all that they agree on.


It was a cute piece -- though perhaps a bit long -- complete with a cameo from my old friend Tim Foil, who's been up to who-knows-what since his expose on Cookie Monster shooting JFK. Fearless, peerless, and usually wroGn, that's our Timmy!

Well, to echo From Hell, I made it up, but it came true anyway.

If you read the small print in Judge Land's absolutely hilarious explanation as to why he fined Orly Taitz $20,000 for wasting the court's time, a magnificent find appears on page 27:

Or perhaps an eccentric citizen has become convinced that the President is an alien from Mars, and the courts should order DNA testing to enforce the Constitution.
7

7 The Court does not make this observation simply as a rhetorical device for emphasis; the Court has actually received correspondence assailing its previous order in which the sender, who, incidentally, challenged the undersigned to a “round of fisticuffs on the Courthouse Square,” asserted that the President is not human.


Oh yes, he did.

And not only did he do that, but the moron who sent that correspondence actually outed himself on Orly's facebook:

Leonard McCauley: Orly Taitz, U will not believe this…U might recall the letter I sent to Judge Clay Land asking him out for a round of Fist n” Cuffs on the Courthouse Square…. I must have really freightened the Weasle, cause a fella by the name of Chad B. Hunt, Deputy U.S. Marshal, Tulsa, Okla. 918-xxx-xxxx, Cell: 918-xxx-xxxx [numbers redacted] gave my neighbor his card and asked me to call him. I called him immediately & left a message. He just now returned my call. He proceeded to chastise me for writing threatening letters to Judge Land…By the time I got threw with him, he was talking to himself.. My letter did exactly what I wanted it to do, and I thanked Chad B. Hunt for making my day. If Judge Land thinks he is scaring me by sending a U.S. Marshall to try and Frighten a 62 yr. old S.S. Recepiant, he is dead wrong…All he did was to strengthen my resolve.

(courtesy of Oh For Goodness Sake, printed verbatim, misspellings and all)

Was he being serious in his letter to Judge Land? Was he just blowing off steam and tweaking the face of sensible legal authority? Is he missing a few cards from his deck? Who can say?

But unless this is just a 62 year old social security recipient's idea of a bad joke, it appears we may have our first proper "Earther."* And, Goddess help me, I may have heralded his approach with giant space laser Frisbees.




*Not counting COTO's new best friend David Icke, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home