Friday, October 17, 2008

2008 Presidential Election Predictions



Okay, okay, so I was a little off when I predicted it'd be Obama/Edwards vs McCain/Guiliani. And I suppose that's good and bad: good for Obama, bad for McCain. Surely by now I don't have to tell you why?

But, having admitted I'm no ace at gazing into the future, I'm going to make a few more predictions for the rest of October. I bear no responsibility for their veracity, and will accept no blame if they come true. I will, however, accept a book deal - preferably from the same company that puts a new Sylvia Browne potboiler out every six #$%^'n months.

1: Gas Prices will continue to drop, or stay about where they are now... barring another hurricane, earthquake or act of terrorism. Why this is, I bet you can guess.

2: The Economy... well, normally I'd say it'll be pretty good, too, and I'd say you could guess why. But it's proving me a liar, so I'm guessing it's going to rally just a little before the end so either side can say the bailout "worked."

3: They will either catch Osama bin Laden, or say they killed him. This will be hailed as the great endcap victory to our war on terror (much like "winning" in Iraq was the great victory) and shower praise and plaudits on W, his administration, his lovely wife, and everyone in between... including McCain.

4: That whole mess concerning Obama's supposedly being ineligible to be President will be trundled out by FOX News at the last week, in the hopes of sabotaging things. Whether it goes anywhere or not depends on how willing the electorate is to listen to the ins and outs of immigration law.

5: Someone will do a flash video of "What What in the Butt" using that picture of McCain apparently trying to give Obama a rimjob at the last debate. (see above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home