Wednesday, January 23, 2008

... but is there yet life? (Fred Thompson)

According to a blogger from FAUX News, Fred Thompson really ran just to see if he could get a VP slot.

I reported first that (Thompson) was eyeing a White House bid. At the time several insiders told me OFF THE RECORD that it was largely a trial ballon to guage his popularity and float his name as a possible vice presidential nominee. I was sworn to silence.

Those insiders have now lifted the conditions on our conversations. ... He took third in Iowa and Third in South Carolina, after which his aides openly suggested the #2 slot on the ticket. The circle has been closed, and Fred Dalton Thompson is waiting to see if he gets the call from the eventual nominee.

He has not said who he will endorse. ... But if he doesn’t throw his support behind anyone …it makes it easier to be picked by everyone.


Well dip me in shit and throw me to the coprophiliacs - now suddenly it all makes sense! No wonder he was just sliding along, asleep at the wheel: he was just getting his name out there in the interests of being a VP first, and then assuming the Presidency later on?

Of course, that above paragraph has to be taken with the consideration that (1) the news is from FAUX News, and (2) I trust them to tell me the truth about as much as I trust... um, well, I don't trust them.

But this could explain a LOT, couldn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home